This is the Year of the Edge Olympics - On my Forthcoming Locktober Serial

 Last year, as some of my readers may recall, I amused myself by publishing a short story in serial form, over on Reddit. It was called Penny Keeps the Keys and it was tremendous fun.

I'd written the whole thing in advance - at least partly as insurance against my tendency to abandon one draft the second a newer inspiration strikes me - and that allowed me to have the fairly unusual experience of interacting with the lovely readers of r/chastitystories and enjoying their speculation and suggestions as they read through the story. Mostly of course, people read my work in private and I don't get much opportunity to even hear its impact, let alone discover where readers think a plot is going! 

But with the serial, I was privileged to see what people were enjoying, and even had some delightful correspondence with various readers, several of whom were kind enough to say the experience made their Locktober, as it were, harder. 

Later, of course, I presented a final, expanded and polished version of the tale in my second short story collection, Penny Keeps the Keys and Other Stories, but it was also tremendous fun to write something and publish it in serial form; I can see why Dickens was fond of the method.


All of which is to say - I've done it again. Although whereas the original Penny Keeps the Keys was a four-part tale which came out on the 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th of October 2025, this year's effort is a little bigger.

Partly, that's the fault of the calendar - October 2026 has expanded up to five Saturdays - but partly I've been a little more ambitious. Last year, Penny and Sam grew to understand one another better through the magic of keyholding actually admitting what they wanted and communicating like (kinky) adults.

This year I am giving you three couples, meaning three entirely different dynamics, three distinct problems, and three separate cock cages - but with one unifying connection: all three women, Tash, Liz, and Martha, are very old friends, though time has begun to wear away at some of the intimacy they used to share. 

As a result, this year's Locktober story is slightly less "free short story in four instalments" and a little more "free six-part novella", but I hope my readers will forgive me, even if it means my Locktober story starts in September. 

It sort of has to. Almost all stories start, at least in a sense, before Chapter 1, and this one is no exception. 

In fact according to the little timeline I sketched out, Martha, Liz and Tash must be getting steadily merry on cocktails at their regular girls' night right now as I write this post; it is this very evening, September 19th, that Martha is quietly mourning the loss of their old closeness, Liz is worrying about keeping her partner content in bed - and Tash is tipsily thinking about Locktober. (Although, to be fair, I know Tash thinks about Locktober, and indeed chastity in general, pretty much every day of the year; it's just her boyfriend Andy always assumed she was joking...)

At the precise moment I publish this post, Martha and Liz might only have the faintest idea what Locktober is... but believe me, they're going to have ample opportunity to learn what it might really mean

Because come next weekend, it may well prove that a solution to Martha's regrets is hidden in Tash's wilder fantasies - for who knows what kinky ideas lurk in the hearts of these women?

The author knows! 

I mean, obviously I know; I've written it all already. But for everyone else...  You can find out over the course of the next few weeks. 

Of course, my books are always there for anyone who appreciates my particular take on literary and psychological femdom - but last year I had enormous fun putting out a little free sampler of my style in order to help heighten frustrations at this special time of year; I couldn't resist doing it again. 

I'll be posting a new episode of The Edge Olympics every Saturday from September 26th to October 31st, available on Reddit and completely free to view; you'll be able to find them on my profile, here


(I'd post it here, but I try - honestly, I do - to keep The Voss Papers broadly safe for work, although I wouldn't necessarily try that unless you were certain your HR department took a liberal view. Or an enjoyably strict one...) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the Fun of the Circus - Why Espionage and Femdom Make Such Good Bedfellows

Missing the Tide - Notes Taken After the Flood

Laying Down My Arms - On Failing to Write Femdom Beowulf